Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Wild

2 posters

Go down

Into the Wild Empty Into the Wild

Post by KhazarLight Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 am

I just wanted to check interest in this before I got into writing up the background, but...

Basically, this role-play is centered around the "Lost Colony" of Roanoke, North Carolina in 1586 (and onward). It will be a historical alternate history (if that makes any sense). True history controls the events outside the colony while the characters make up the history in Roanoke. Not much is known about what happened, so much of it is up for grabs and open to interpretation, as long as it fits into history.

Open to suggestions and general CCC. Any ideas are appreciated as this idea is only in infancy.
KhazarLight
KhazarLight

Back to top Go down

Into the Wild Empty Re: Into the Wild

Post by Omni Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 am

Aren't most historians pretty sure that things fell to shit, most of them died, and the ones who didn't ended up joining a few of the nearby indian tribes?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by KhazarLight Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 pm

"Pretty sure" doesn't mean it actually happened. The way we look back on things is, honestly, never the way it actually happened, especially for events as undocumented as this one. Sure, if we did set this up and role-played it for a while, I'm sure that people would die, flee, etc, but that isn't the point. The premise is historical, but what happens in the colony is entirely speculative and open to imagination.

And when I said, "Open to suggestions and general CCC. Any ideas are appreciated as this idea is only in infancy," I didn't mean tell me something I already knew, but thanks anyway.

e; I'm thinking the RP will be about colonists who chose to stay and adventure/whatever. Characters could be European or natives depending on how it goes.
KhazarLight
KhazarLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum