Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BioShock Infinite (spoilers)

+4
Double D
retarded chechen fuckpot
Ducky
Muzzy
8 posters

Go down

BioShock Infinite (spoilers) Empty BioShock Infinite (spoilers)

Post by Muzzy Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:46 pm

It's a good game.

Do you think so, too?

1999 mode is a healthy challenge.
Muzzy
Muzzy

Back to top Go down

BioShock Infinite (spoilers) Empty Re: BioShock Infinite (spoilers)

Post by Ducky Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:57 pm

I found the entire thing too easy with most of the difficulty being illusionary, and after I realized the cast are mary sues, I refunded it. :/
Ducky
Ducky

Back to top Go down

Post by retarded chechen fuckpot Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Ducky wrote:I realized the cast are mary sues, I refunded it
typical rp neckbeard, would rather cyber on gmod than play good games.
retarded chechen fuckpot
retarded chechen fuckpot

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzy Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 am

I inadvertently made the game hard for myself with my lack of attention

either way I was still absorbed into the story.
Muzzy
Muzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 am

i liked the part where i stuck a skyhook in a man's face
Double D
Double D

Back to top Go down

Post by Haborym Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 am

^^SPOILERs ^^
Haborym
Haborym

Back to top Go down

Post by Quix Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Ducky wrote:I found the entire thing too easy with most of the difficulty being illusionary, and after I realized the cast are mary sues, I refunded it. :/

Gordon Freeman is a Mary Sue.
Quix
Quix

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzy Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 pm

He was an original character.
Muzzy
Muzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quix Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Super murdering mute physicist genius who everyone good likes and everyone evil hates. Sounds like a Mary Sue.
Quix
Quix

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzy Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 pm

I am an original character.
Muzzy
Muzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by retarded chechen fuckpot Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Quix wrote:Super murdering mute physicist genius who everyone good likes and everyone evil hates. Sounds like a Mary Sue.
laszlo was best character in hl2
retarded chechen fuckpot
retarded chechen fuckpot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Quix wrote:
Ducky wrote:I found the entire thing too easy with most of the difficulty being illusionary, and after I realized the cast are mary sues, I refunded it. :/

It's different when Elizabeth is an embodiment of an ex-girlfriend of one of the writers who dumped him because he abused her. This is symbolized by her drowning the protagonist in the end of the game since he is Comstock.

This, all along, when we are led by our noses to believe that Elizabeth is some sort of "human" female character who "feels feelings" and "doesn't get in your way" and "has a life of her own." That meaning, she sometimes opens up offscreen time/space portals to throw health and ammo at you, or states something obvious about the setting. As well, she spends most of the game in form-fitting outfits and is advertised by puppy dog eyes and cleavage.
Ducky
Ducky

Back to top Go down

BioShock Infinite (spoilers) Empty Post Your Character's Picture

Post by Haze Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:24 pm

BioShock Infinite (spoilers) Bioshock-cosplayer-becomes-face-of-elizabeth_bem-s_0

(But with more scars and less makeup)
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm

but she ur daughter
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by retarded chechen fuckpot Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Ducky wrote:
Quix wrote:

It's different when Elizabeth is an embodiment of an ex-girlfriend of one of the writers who dumped him because he abused her. This is symbolized by her drowning the protagonist in the end of the game since he is Comstock.

This, all along, when we are led by our noses to believe that Elizabeth is some sort of "human" female character who "feels feelings" and "doesn't get in your way" and "has a life of her own." That meaning, she sometimes opens up offscreen time/space portals to throw health and ammo at you, or states something obvious about the setting. As well, she spends most of the game in form-fitting outfits and is advertised by puppy dog eyes and cleavage.
yes you fucking retard just go spoil a newly released game thanks go fucking die you ocean of cum
retarded chechen fuckpot
retarded chechen fuckpot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:03 am

BioShock Infinite (spoilers) QvSjwVh
Ducky
Ducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Quix Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:02 am

Ducky wrote:
Quix wrote:

The adage, write what you know, holds true. Most interesting and real seeming characters are based on actual people. I want more writers exploring and basing things off of actual people rather than the caricatures and power fantasies we're surrounded by in modern games. Your assessment that he somehow had total say over the character and it colored the entire game is ridiculously overestimating the reach that one writer has. Ken Levine, the entire writing team, and Elizabeth's VO actress all had a say in how the character turned out.

This "revelation" hardly affects how I would interpret the finished product and I'm not sure if it should. Books, movies, and games project the illusion of reality. That also means taking bits from reality.

Booker and Elizabeth's friendship evolves over time and the devs simulated that very well in animations, dialogue, and the scenes that played out. Was it totally real? Of course not, they're not actually people, yet the depth that was projected made it feel real. Off-screen she's one of the only partners in gaming that don't get in the way. In fact, she mixes conversation and exposition with Booker much better than Alyx ever did because Gordon couldn't talk back.

Your final point is purely subjective. I saw the scene where she takes Lady Comstock's clothes and cuts her hair, as her way to symbolize her loss of innocence. Plus, Booker's her father so there's not exactly anything romantic going on.
Quix
Quix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 am

That is what they said, but I still won't believe it. I don't trust a developer who says there is depth when I personally couldn't find anything except run of the mill video game dialogue.
Ducky
Ducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Quix Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 am

Ducky wrote:That is what they said, but I still won't believe it. I don't trust a developer who says there is depth when I personally couldn't find anything except run of the mill video game dialogue.

That's a little disingenuous then. Did you play the game rushing through it? You might have had a different experience. I went around every corner and appreciated her little comments or animated reactions. They included small things to make the place feel less like museum and more like a real place that she was reacting to. She wasn't always a buddy to Booker and often their goals were disparate ("I want to go to Paris!" or "I'm evil now because time breaks down defenses.") Overall, she didn't just feel like a sidekick that a bunch of games haphazardly throw into every FPS. Was she perfect? No. I personally thought she didn't react enough to the fact that Booker was her dad. And the end felt a little forced. Compared to most games though, both Booker and Elizabeth had an interesting arch and weren't Mary Sues (flat, awesome characters without flaws).

That's not to say I didn't have my share of faults with the game. The combat was not as polished as the story and the Vox storyline wasn't as fleshed out as it should have been. I also wish there were a few more inventive uses of the tears like we saw in early trailers. The game was still good though.
Quix
Quix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 am

Well, when I could walk around with a minigun and not strike up any reactions (other than the fun police showing up every time I walked through invisible barriers to the next part of the game), I certainly felt as though the game was closer to a museum than a real place I can interact with, and treasure chests with different appearances aren't enough to convince me.
Ducky
Ducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzy Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 am

I don't recall a reaction to weaponry Booker held but I think she reacted pretty realistically to other things like a constable's head being severed with a skyhook.

I liked Elizabeth. She wasn't annoying, and she felt like someone that was actually there as a companion to Booker, and that their interactions were rich than most duos in an adventure story.

I don't think I would of enjoyed the game as much as I had without her given that some of the enviroments in the mid-late game were rather lonely besides the bands of mooks that pop out occasionally to ambush you or stand guard and open for a preemptive attack.
Muzzy
Muzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum