Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How has the world grown?

3 posters

Go down

How has the world grown? Empty How has the world grown?

Post by xeanos Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Is this roleplay been decided down to every cure, discovery and invention? 

Is there any room for player input of what exists? (For instance, if a player made a post of some kind with some relevant information about what he/she thinks should be in the world, would that thing automatically be added with some authorization?)

Also, is Diabetes and Cancer still around? 

What replaced cigarettes?

What replaced illegal narcotics of today or are they the same?

What are the major changes in the law of Futurism?

As a discussion thread, I thought we could all discuss this and have fun instead of it being aimed solely at the administrators.
xeanos
xeanos

Back to top Go down

How has the world grown? Empty Re: How has the world grown?

Post by Haze Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:02 am

Good questions.

What we sought to do was provide you guys with an atmosphere - an idea of the type of universe we're in. I can answer these questions with what I know about Earth in 2100, and I will. What I'd love to see is the type of thing Blitz is doing. He's taking the atmosphere we've provided and extrapolated from that, he's used aspects of the lore we've given you, and built on it. 

Illnesses are still very much present, and almost all are curable. Those cures are however far from free.

Cigarettes and cigars are still common, as well as other drugs. "Illegal" drugs exist but there is a wide gap between what is illegal and what is allowed. The only time anyone is likely to be charged with illegal drug usage is if it's being used as an additional charge to add weight to their sentence. 

The major changes in the law are less about what the law is and more about how it's enforced. Police forces are no longer state owned but hired out by the state and the companies. Organised crime groups are left basically free to run the cities so long as they kick up to the companies.

We want you to be inspired to create characters who have grown up in this sort of environment. We don't want to restrict the backstories of those characters with mass detail explaining to you who they can or can't be. If you want to write your own lore, by all means go ahead. If anything directly conflicts with what we've got set out, we'll let you know, but keep in mind we won't actually be RPing on Earth.

Last edited by Haze on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by retarded chechen fuckpot Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:11 am

what constitutes as third world areas in future earth?
retarded chechen fuckpot
retarded chechen fuckpot

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:13 am

Basically everywhere is a mix of first and third world.
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down