Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[012 - 0H] Zaa'nabar

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[012 - 0H] Zaa'nabar - Page 2 Empty Re: [012 - 0H] Zaa'nabar

Post by Blitz Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 pm

The Warlord nods deeply,"All will provide in future. You reccceive information in time, I have no meanssss to communicate."

The two pilots hurry out onto the hangar, climbing into their gunship. The technicians surrounding the gunship pull back, stepping off of the elevator pad as it rose up into the ceiling. Two large metal doors opened above the helicopter as it ascended into ground level. The pilots did their preliminary checks and then began to spool up the gunship. The large attack helicopter slowly lifted itself off of the ground, turning northwest and flying in that direction.

The Zeleniyan High Command station received the CCT's message, the Admiral groaning,
"Damn lizards are going to get this all diplomatic. Tarkov, prepare comms."
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:03 am

After ten minutes communcations between the satellite and wherever it was being controlled from had been regained. It would transmit again. This time a live feed.

"We have sent this craft to establish communications with the Zelenyian Republic, to assist.".

The voice would be quite young, probably a communications officer.
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:03 am

"I would assume since you had made this your meeting area, you would have a camp nearby. If that is the case I can send some members from my COMM team in order to get your forces outfitted with proper communications."
The intelligence officer moves to take his hand back from the awkward hold, bending down and taking up the cage with the large insect-like creature inside.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Captain, we're not picking up anything on this radio we got from the ground pounders. Want me to scan for other frequencies that may be in use?"

"You took the words right out of my mouth, Sergeant. If there is more than one, have those on more than one monitor so we can keep tabs and keep Katz’s team informed. Try and pinpoint their signals as well so we understand what we’re working with. You know what they say about a hostile work environment…"

"Sorry Captain, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Ugh-- Just do what I said and keep tabs on it, alright Kramr? "

The young communications sergeant smirked and nodded his head, and got to work. After a few clicks along his keyboard, the screen was rolling through the scanning protocols, if any more stations were to be picked up they would be shown on the multi-display monitor in the center of the communications shop. When done with that, Kramr moves on to pinpointing the signals in the air, not so much pinpointing, but getting a general area within fifteen to twenty feet of where the signals would be broadcasting from.

Last edited by Mother Superior on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 am

The High Command space station replies, the Admiral speaking in clear English,"This is Admiral Doketv of Zaa'Nabar high command speaking. We are attempting to contain the insurgent forces that are naming themselves 'The Second Sultanate. Assistance will be accepted."

One of the Aranek freedom fighters calls down from the treetops, the Warlord swerving his head up towards him, then back to the guard on his left. The guard produces a stolen Zeleniyan map and the Warlord takes it, handing it to him, the Warlord points north of a village marked "Na'shadda". The Warlord speaks hurriedly,"Thisss where my men ssstay. Helicopter come, we leave now." The Warlord turns and retreats back into the palace, the Freedom fighters following suite as the sounds of the chopping blades of the gunship become evident to human ears.

The captured radio begins squaking, a voice speaking over the whirring of a helicopter's rotor,
"Charkov-dvat, Argov-e'chetiri, pyasot metrov ot vaskii pozitsi, polzhaluysta otvet'te."

The gunship flies low, following the river and breaking off towards
the road the former Zeleniyan squad followed up. The pilot approaches the last known location of the squad, calling out on his radio,
"Charkov-one, Argov-three, five hundred meters from your position and closing, please respond." Silence. The pilot turned on the internal comms to his copilot and stated,"Closing in on where we lost Charkov-1, get me eyes on the road." The copilot scanned down the road, and it wasn't long until he saw the burnt bodies in the ditch and the squad leader hanging from the tree. He curses,"Holy shit.. look at your IR imaging." The pilot glanced down at the screen, sighing heavily. He pulls off and moves into a holding pattern around the bodies. "Command, Argov-3, we've found Charkov-one, KIA. We're seeing uh.. we're seeing evidence that the UAZ might have moved up the hill towards the mountain, kind of fuzzy though... This is really uncharacteristic of lizards.. the way they dealt with their bodies, Command. Requesting new orders."
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 am

”Understood, Warlord.”
With the Lord of War’s departure, the intelligence officer turns to address the men both idle and working.

”Our scaly friends tell me that there is an OPFOR helicopter closing in on our position! I want all you strapping young men to drop what you are doing and get in defensive positions! Keep radios silent and get air-defense up, do not fire unless I give the order. I repeat: defensive positions and hold fire until ordered! I don’t want this to turn into another Hill of Tree-Tree-One where we’re fighting for our lives until the fleet comes and saves us with one of those orbital strikes, this time we don’t have a fleet, just boots on the ground!

The men abided and dropped what they were doing; most of the men were non-combat personnel so their MO was to keep silent in their shops, drop camo nets and wait it out. All the non-combat personnel that wasn’t the communications teams, they were listening to the transmissions between the Squad leader’s captured radio and the helicopter and its command post. Those that were combat proven got to do what they did best, wait. The second squad of Special Forces was in defensive positions around the camp, doing their best to conceal themselves from the infra-red, the buildings already being covered with the thick muck found in the swampy jungle, the soldiers did the same. Two men were in the bush, one armed with a guided Surface-to-Air-Missile, and the other with his eyes plastered in the sky scanning for targets, and they waited for the chopper to come into view.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 am

A pause in the radio communications. The helicopter's radio comms buzz,"Argov-3, 6'Horn, we've got your feed. New orders; return to base, an investigation team will take over from here." The pilot swung the joystick to the left, replying to the radio,"Copy Command, returning to base." The helicopter faded into the distance.

Agent Yushka climbed into the black SUV with Zeleniyan markings, looking over to the driver. He looks over to the driver and nods for him to go. The driver puts it in gear and they pull out of the front gate of the F.O.B., trailing behind a ZMP-2 IFV.
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 am

"Captain! Helicopter is backing off and they’re calling in an investigation team, we better get ahold of Etz’mor and get give the low down."

"I'm trackin' Sergean', we'll do just that."

Captain Meier slowly eased himself up from his padded wheelie-chair and poked his head out the canvas door of the Communications tent and called for the intelligence officer.

"Dick! We’ve got something for you, something big."

"What?! Why are you yelling there’s a heli—"

"They pulled back, just get in the damned tent."

Without giving the crabman any time to respond the man slid his head back into his shop and paced over to the table in the center of the tent. He places both palms on the edge and leans forward as the intel officers makes his way into the tent.

"What is it?"

"The ground-pounders screwed up, they’ve burnt the bodies of the men they had engaged and that isn’t in character for the insurgents, it’s safe to assume they’re calling in one of their own intelligence professionals, an investigator. If speculation isn’t good enough for you, look at the screen closet to the left on the top."

Etz’mor does just that, turning his and pacing over towards the monitor to get a better view. On the left side of the monitor was the series of mathematical integers, on the right was the radio chatter transferred from the integers into German, it was the recent conversation the pilot had had with his command element. The exosuit clad crabman paced back to the table and moved his left mandible to rest on the top of his head.

"Hm… Right, so we do more attacks, that’s it. Make it a calling-card, like some young warlord has sprung up and is trying to make a name for himself by burning the bodies and stepping outside the traditional norms of the scaleman society. Radio the ground-pounders in the field and brief them on what to do, copy?"

"Roger that, sir…"

Meier rolled his eyes and shot a glance towards his First Sergeant, Kramr. The crab exited the tent and moved to the innards of the palace where the command center was set up. Kramr too rolled his eyes and proceeded to speak into one of the various communications devices held within the tent.

"Lima fife-one, Lima fife-one. This is Godfather actual, how copy?"

A moment passed and there was no response, then a burst of static and the hushed voice of the First Sergeant in the field.

"This is Lima fife-one, you are clear to send traffic Godfather actual."

"Lima fife-one, command element wants you lot to continue with the type of ambush that you and your lot had done earlier, wants to establish a pattern of behavior for a fake new warlord."

"Solid copy, Godfather actual. Lima fife-one out."

Kalak-nu Province, Zaa'nabar surface.

Katz’s team came to a halt within the bush; he pulled up a pair of range finders to the visor of his suit. He was scanning the fishing village to his north-west, situated on top of a hill this was the best vantage point save the mountain at their back, which would leave them with little to no cover, Katz wasn’t a man for chance. The reconnaissance amulet slowly fell onto the man’s chest, being caught by the strap around his neck. He then gathered his men in a semi-circle, leaving one to pull security, and he spoke in almost a whisper.

"Alright, we're scouting this place, seeing if they're in with the communists or not. Remember that this place is like home, we can't trust anyone but us. Not even the blue scales that crab fella' was talkin' to, understand? I want Ackland to take Ketmann and Marx. Brož will stay with me. Ackland, you and those two will loop around get on the northern side of the village, we'll provide as much cover as we can here. You don't make a goddamn peep unless I tell you, you all best understand that it ain't exactly legal for us to be here, so getting caught means we're on our own."

The men all looked to each other and then slowly nodded to their squad leader. Acklands teams started making their slow trek to the northern side of the village, whereas Katz moved into a prone position next to Brož who had already had his scoped doped and ready to go. Katz was acting as the spotter, and Brož as the shooter, covering the team on their small recon mission.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 pm

The ZMP-2 pulls up to the ambush site and stops. It had just began raining over the province, and probably wouldn't stop for the next few days. The back hatches open and six Marines hop out, walking to watch the area in 360 degree perimeter. The SUV came to a slow halt behind the ZMP-2. The KGB operative steps out with his assistant, slamming the doors behind him. The KGB agent pulls out a high tech camera, his assistant pulling one out as well and centering it on him. He begins recording. The agent steps through the mud slowly, approaching the bodies, then looking to the tree. He takes a picture of the bodies together, then the one being hung. He then takes a picture of each individual body as he speaks over the pouring rain and thunder, citing a lot of knowledge of the local rebels,"Highly uncharacteristic"

The assistant speaks up,"What?"The agent snaps another picture, looking up to the camera and nearly yelling over the heavy rain,"I said, it's highly uncharacteristic. If the pilot of an attack helicopter can tell, -I- can tell. We'll start with the way they handled the bodies.." He snaps another picture, the assistant following him along the line of bodies. "The traditional way the Aranek deal with enemy dead is to slit his throat so that he 'may not speak to the river whisperer', cut off his feet 'so he may not walk the road to the Lord of Mountains', and this is a special for Rhg'Zezians, cut out any and all of their 'impurities of the demon' and lay them besides the body. None of this has been done. While Private eh.. Ivak seems to have most of his right arm missing, all other augmentations have not been touched. Take our hanging friend--",he points up to the squad leader hung from a large tree, the camera pointing up at it,"Senior Sergeant Hrvenia here, with all his Class NCO minus augmentations still intact. Or Junior Sergeant Benedov here, who still has his eyes in his head. All of them, their augments and upgrades are still inside them."

"Instead they have been burned and deposited on the side of the road, lined up all neatly, with their squad leader displayed for the whole world to see. Or atleast this road. While it's possible we've 'taught' them that being hung is reserved as a way to show that person is criminal, we still have the bodies lined up like this and burnt. This we have no record of them doing before, and we have not done ourselves to rebels. They have no learned this from us. It is possible however, that a more secular group could possibly overlook this fashion of displaying the dead. But it has been shown that when they have such a large amount of time to deal with the dead, they will, in some form or another, give them an enemy's death according to their culture or religion."

He then gestures to the kalishnikovs laying about,"While Charkov-1's UAZ has certainly been taken, their weapons have not. This is what really sets me off, because the handling of the bodies can somewhat be overlooked, but this just goes against everything they've done previously. They take what they can get, and them leaving ten perfectly good kalishnikovs lying around? Like I stated before, they were not in a hurry to display the bodies like this, so why would they leave every rifle here?"

He presses a hand against his gasmask, readjusting his mouthpiece as he moves to the other side of the ditch. While he moves, two of them en begin to load up the dead into the back of the ZMP-2, as well as attempt to cut down the squad leader. He walks up to a tree with a large piece of bark missing, it is slightly bent over and cracked in half. 12.7mm and kalishnikov rifle shell casings are dug into the dirt. The agent nods,"As for the combat assessment, Charkov-1 was attacked from the thick brush on either side of us. Judging by this tree and the spent casings, the UAZ struck this tree in surprise, and began to supress for a moment. It doesn't look like he had the chance to get out more than a mag or two. Now if we look out into the trees, it seems that Charkov-1 took cover in these ditches, judging by the placement of their shell casings, and put up a fight. Grenade launcher casings here and there too. Ultimately, however, our ambushers got the best of them and killed them before Command could even respond to their radio message. How they did this, I can't be sure. Judging by the slashed-like pattern of these trees here, it might have been a grenade that went off, which explains the fragments of Private Ivak's cybernetic arm all over the road. While they are not all riddled with shrapnel, we can blame the follow concussion from the grenade to shell shock them and allow the enemy to overtake them..."

He looks around the ambush site further, stepping into the heavy brush and looking around,"No bodies..but perhaps.."He steps further into the forest, relying on his advanced investigator software integrated eyes to do the work for him. He steps around in the heavy rain, he can feel the very leaves and mud moving beneath his feet, he looks around in vain, sighing heavily and muttering,"Luck will deliver me no shell casing today." He steps towards the road again, the assistant closing the camera on him. "Unfortunately, we cannot determine if Charkov-1 killed any combatants in retaliation, nor can I recover the shell casings belonging to the combatants because the rain water has turned anything offroad into a mud slide." He looks around, taking the whole scene in as the last body is loaded up, some of the soldiers collect the shell casings sticking out of the mud and drop them in little plastic baggies.

He shakes his head, looking towards the camera,
"I cannot confirm, but I've got a hunch we're not dealing with our run of the mill lizards here. Current theories are as follows, the official forces of the newly formed 'Sultanate' are beginning to operate in this area and their operations could be drastically different from their rebel counterparts, or.. someone slipped through our defense net. Who could it be? My thoughts are a private military corporation hired by the Sultanate to assist them, possibly belonging to the Navadniy family or non-government affiliated human mercenaries. End tape one, Case number 054, Kalak-nu province." The assistant turns off the camera, climbing into the car with the agent. The ZMP-2 does a 180, by passing the SUV and heading back down the road, the SUV follows in suite.

It had began to rain by the time they got there, and the little fishing village was quiet, the thatch, wood, and mud houses showing some activity in them. Trees the size of red woods on the edge of town were hollowed out and used as homes as well. Out on the river, a few Aranek fishermen stood with two pronged spears, watching the water intently. In the haze of the rain, it can be made out that a few have hunting rifles slung over their shoulders.

An engine roars over the rain, two infact. A ZMP-2 and a black SUV drive down a road about 200 meters away from the village, the lights in the houses going out. Once the sounds of the engines faded, the lights were turned back on.
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:39 pm

The communications craft would transmit a final message. Before going into a low power-use state, disabling all non-essentials like communications and stability control.

"The Cruiser that dispatched this communications device will be entering the system within the hour. It contains a contingent of troops to assist in the stability of the system.".

Last edited by John_Roxton on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 am

The sniper and spotter combo followed with the column with their optics, the Top soon leaning over to speak to his weapon wielding counterpart.

"That an SUV, Sarnt’?"

"I think so, Top."

The weapon wielding man continued to look through his optics, following the three men across the way, getting distracted every now and again by the activities in the village. Meanwhile First Sergeant Katz pressed one of the button along the body of his modular radio, soon speaking into it in a low voice, almost a mumble.

"Godfather actual, this is Lima fife-one. While observing a local village an SUV along with an IFV made their way past us coming from what I can assume was the ambush sight not too far behind my squad. You lot have any idea what that is?"

"We read you, Lima fife-one. Yeah, that’s some sort of intelligence professional sent to investigate your little ambush. I’d suggest following them so we can get a location on where they are, but I am just a COMMs Sergeant, what do I know."

Katz lets out a muffled chuckle before raising Godfather once more.

"Copy that, Godfather, Lima out."

The Sergeant allowed the range find to rest at his chest, his rifle was now back in his hands and he pushed himself up from his prone position, punching the sniper in the head to get his attention. When he looked over he made a hand signal and the spoke into his inter-squad COMMs.

"All elements hold position, Brož and I are moving up and we're following after that column. We're staying in the pushing and following the tracks, this rain is too hard not to make mud."

The duo were off, setting after to regroup with the elements at their front, when regrouping they would slowly trek through the jungle parallel to where the vehicle column would have gone.

Etz'mor popped into the communications tent to the dismay of the crew working there. They all rolled their eyes at what he had to say.

"You fellows are going to draw straws and see who gets to go out and set up communications for our newly acquired scaly friends! Or we can get some volunteers.

The tent was quiet; people stopped mid-conversation, mid-word on their console. All the crabman intelligence officer got were blank stares and now the sound of heavy rain was the only thing being heard.

"Well, looks like it’d be Captain Meier and… Top Kramr!"

The stick was about to snap, but then someone had started a slow clap, the rest of the communications bay joining in, until the crabman waved them off with his mandibles. The Captain and First Sergeant rolled their eyes and went to ready their gear ready to trek out in the rain to some village to the north.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:46 am

The small convoy moves towards the local F.O.B., two kilometers south. The trees would be cleared from up to 200 meters from the walls of the F.O.B., with little red flags sticking up in the mud. Several white signs show a black painted skull with words of warning in Slavnok cyrillic.

The two vehicles pull up to the front gate, it opens as they approach, shutting behind them when they enter.
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:35 pm

"Damn crab glory hound."

That's all First Sergeant Kramr had to say after he slipped the hooded flecktarn poncho over his LBV and fully loaded ruck weighing about forty pounds, he then lifted his KR-24 from leaning along the table, he checked the magazine and raked the charging handle with his gloved right hand, that hand then moving to pull the nylon strap around his torso, he checked his sidearm and slotted it back into its thigh holster. The captain too was checking his gear, though instead of a rucksack he is sporting a large manpack radio on his pack, he too had a flecktarn colored poncho on, though the hood wasn't up and he was still sporting his trusty ball-cap.

"You ready Sarnt’?"

"Yeah, yeah. As ready as I’ll ever be, marching through 12 kilometers of jungle, rain and, muck to get to some lizard people that we hardly even know."

"You complain more than my wife, First Sergeant. Jus’ stay quiet and sing cadence in your head, or listen or just listen to the rain, sheesh. We’re going through the jungle, remember what they told us to do, just stay low and go slow."

The captain then adjusted the sling of his rifle and moved out of the canvas tent into the camp, his boots leaving thick footprints inside the camp, the Sergeant soon followed, the men taking it easy on the way to the friendly insurgent village, utilizing the jungle and heavy rain, they were sure to clean up their footsteps that led from the camp into the bush.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Zeleniyan FOB, Kalak-nu Province, Zaa'nabar surface

Katz's team stayed in the wooded area around the FOB, about 200 meters into the jungle before the clearing around the camp. The men were in a prone position, two pulling security and the others observing the forward operating base. Katz was peering through his range finder and panning his gaze along the encampment, taking note of the guards, their weaponry and anything else that could be possibly be of interest.

"I do not see much, Top. This rain is killing viability, not to mention those signs, probably a minefield. Only way to clear that would be controlled det, sapping is out of the question with a clearing like this. If anything, we mark this down and wait for us to get a better grasp on what the lizards have, maybe they've got arty."

The only thing to acknowledge Ackland's words was a slight "uh-huh", that came from the First Sergeant's mouth as he continued to scan over the FOB.

"If we wait, that SUV won't be there. We'll take the fellow and see what he has to say, or better yet... We let the scalies know that there's an intelligence man only two clicks away. Someone raise command and report."

"Got it, Top."Ackland then moves a right hand towards the PTT button at his radio.

"Godfather actual, Godfather actual, this is Lima fife-one, over."

"We read you, Ground-pounders, clear to send."

"We've got a commie FOB about two clicks south of the palace where we're based, break - got a 'round a two-three hundred meter perimeter cleared of all vegetation, possible minefield. Lima is staying put, if you've got someone already in contact with the scalies, I'd suggest telling them, they might have a better plan than us, over."

"Solid copy, Lima. COMMS had a few men head out there about ten-fifteen mikes ago, I will forward them the details, over and out."

Ackland patted Katz on the back to let him know the report was complete, the squad now waited and watched, in the rain.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:51 am

Zaa'Nabar Orbit.

Time had passed and the Zelenyians newfound allies had arrived, one C.C.T. Cruiser had entered the system as said, no ship-to-ship weapons and only point-defense, it was most likely a carrier ship of sorts. Once it had settled 25 kilometers from the space station it would hail the station. The voice speaking quite calm with a slight hint of a French accent.

"Greetings, I'm Captain Joubert operating under the orders of High-Authority Holbach to help you restore stability on this planet. Colonel Gruber will be leading Coalition ground forces against insurgents, we would like for him to meet the leader of your ground forces.".

John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:24 am

A reply is sent back from the space station,"You are permitted to dock at the station, the Admiral will see you."
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 am

The carrier would dispatch a single Type 2 drop ship, which would head straight for the docking port put aside for them, once it was inside the back hatch would drop down, quite spacious for the five men present, Admiral Joubert and Colonel Gruber escorted by three Combat Lieutenants they'd disembark and wait for some form of official.
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:17 am

A chief petty officer would be waiting for them, with three heavily augmented marines. Note that the officials would need to wear gasmasks as the ship was circulating carbon monoxide. "Zyvdrastuye, please follow.." He leads them down the halls and turns into a briefing room, there the Admiral stands from his chair and offers his hand.
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:59 am

The ship would've alerted the crew to it, the Admiral and Colonel, both looking like they were in their late forties would be wearing emergency gas masks that gave a full view of the face, hooked up to a moderately sized tank carried in a rucksack like rig they wore. Their escorts had opted for the standard issue which was feed oxygen from large packs they wore, holding the large tanks to counter the rapid breathing that stems from being under a stressful situation, as most soldiers end up in. They were armed with Kariani Campaign Type 99's modified to use large drum mags, which they made effective use of in combat.

As the group reached the admiral, it would be the Colonel who'd step forward and shake first, followed by the Admiral, who would add quickly in a show of manners.

"A pleasure.".
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Na'shadda, Kalak-nu Province, Zaa'nabar surface.

The duo of the two communications men had finally made it to the village where the friendly Aranek reside. The duo come out of the bush, the Captain taking point, his right hand resting on the pistol-grip of his rifle and his left up in the air, he soon starts to speak, his voice in almost a yell, this to overcome the rain and get the attention of the locals.

"We come in peace, we are allies of the Second Sultanate and wish to have conference with Lord of War, Zek-Sa Lar to establish communications between our forces and your own. We wish to liberate you from the communist scum. If anyone could be of help, please direct us towards him, thank you!"

Now they just stood there in the rain, the Captain's left hand came back to his rifle as he and the First Sergeant scanned the village for anyone willing to help in their efforts to establish communications.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:45 am

The Admiral shakes his hand firmly and motions to the seats,"Sit, please." He leans back into his chair,"So.. what has influenced you to assist our country, in such a domestic matter such as this?"

Through the thick fog, some villagers scurry away into the center of the village, barking and growling. A moment later, a few figures stand at the edge of the village, armed with large hunting rifles and SMGs, they look at the pair, but do not raise their weapons or act aggressively.
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 am

The duo would sit as requested, the colonel speaking first. His voice sounding robotic as it was amplified by the mask.

"Zaa'nabar's stability as a planet is required, we are lead to believe that if the Second-Sultanate is able to take power that they will turn to items like piracy and aggression to gain place, starting with their neighbors and then threatening even more systems.".

The two men would sit, content with the reasoning they were given to assist the Zelenyians.
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 am

Na'shadda, Kalak-nu Province, Zaa'nabar surface.

The two notice the figures on the edge of the village and head on over to their position, upon coming to them the Captain pipes up, his voice high enough for one to hear over the heavy rain.

"Evening, fellows! Have you lot got a dry place so we can show you how this thing works? It does not get along with the mud and the rain."

Meier offers a quick smile, looking between the large reptilian creatures, in the meanwhile Kramr is looking up into the sky, allowing the large droplets of rain to pelt him in the face.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:22 am

The Admrial nods at this, seemingly satisfied with their answer, pressing a button on the table. A holographic projection of the planet is shown, with large red circles on various areas of the planet. He gestures towards the planet,"Yes, we suspect the same thing. By my judgement, I will accept your assistance. While our defense forces are stretched and we are happy to accent help, you must follow a strict rule of conduct set by my superiors... Firstly, you will be relieving the 112th and 52nd Infantry battalion of their jurisdiction in the eh.. Viska and Jelkar provinces." The map zooms in to two highlighted provinces with information popping up in cyrillic. It is a jungle covered area with a single F.O.B. per province, and few and far pro-Zeleniyan villages inbetween.

The admiral continues,
"You are to keep up good relations with the local loyalist villagers, and to maintain a show-of-force presence in the area with constant patrols. Your rules of engagement are per your discretion. You are not to patrol outside of your zone of jurisdiction and you are to not disturb Research facility Z-86, here, in the Vishka province. Unless they require your assistance" A few kilometers away from the F.O.B. in the thick jungle the Z-86 facility is marked.

"Tactical assessment of insurgents operating in this area are as follows:
Number at least one company plus in the Vishka province and two company minus in the Jelkar. Enemy combatants are untrained, highly motivated, and are supported by collaborating villages in the west of these provinces. They are armed with varying infantry weaponry of Zeleniyan and local design, and no leader base of operations or leading structure has been identified in this area."
He pauses, allowing the two to speak.

A warrior steps forward from the group, one of the Warlord's personal guards in all black. He steps up to the two, his stolen Dish-kum machinegun resting across his shoulders. He glances down at both of them, then snorts loudly and nods them into the village, slowly making his way back and leading them past it into a cave opening.

Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:13 am

The Colonel would nod, looking over the locations. After noting down the F.O.B locations he would speak up.

"Am I right in my assumption that you hold complete Air Superiority, with low threat of shoot downs?".

The Admiral would turn back to the nearest escort, telling him to contact their ship to prepare for deployment on his orders.

Coalition Cruiser "Schwalbe".

Once the orders were given, the Type 2's would start loading up, basic infantry being the first to touch down, followed by the armored corps heavy vehicles. Once all men were accounted for and every drop ship was filled up, they'd wait for the green light to go down to the surface. Once the admiral and Colonel returned.
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:38 am

The admiral pauses, flicking his fingers through the controls of the hologram display,"We.. have received confirmed reports.. that the rebels have acquired Igla mark 2 MANPADs." An image of a long and thin shoulder rigged missile launcher was shown, with a small dome above the trigger that housed the radar tracking system, as well as a scope off to the left side of the launcher. Under it was a 1.3 meter long, sleek missile. "Black market entities have been somehow slipping our technology through us to the rebels, and it is estimated that there are atleast 2-3 hidden and mobile AA teams in the provinces."
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 am

The colonel would grimace for a moment, then nodding.

"Alright, that should be the main priority, destroying those AA teams, air superiority will help us defeat their advantage of guerrilla warfare.".

The data of the missile would be recorded by a escort. Sending it back to the Schwalbe, so they could add it to a information bank of insurgent weapons. The Admiral would speak next.

"Is there a main base where we can set down the majority of our supplies as we move men and vehicles to those provinces?".
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum